Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rainbow rice cake ("mujigae ddeok")

Rainbow rice cake ("mujigae ddeok") Video Clips. Duration : 12.03 Mins.


How to make this beautiful and delicious multilayer Korean rice cake. The written recipe and photos and tips are posted on my website. www.maangchi.com I'm going to introduce a beautiful Korean rice cake today. It's called mujigae ddeok (무지개떡). Mujigae means rainbow, so my ancestors must have got the idea for the name from a rainbow! I love it! This is an example of how they incorporated natural beauty into their everyday life. Even though the name of the rice cake is "rainbow rice cake," it is usually made with only 3-5 different colored layers. That's why this rice cake is sometimes called "colorful rice cake" (색떡, saekddeok). In this recipe, I am using 5 different colors from bottom to top: brown, green, yellow, pink, and white. This rice cake is made on special occasions like a baby's 1 year old birthday, or a wedding. As you see in this video, making this rice cake takes a lot of effort and time, even though the ingredients are comparatively simple. However, if you make this rice cake for someone very special in your life, you wouldn't care much about time and effort. : ) You may wish this while you're rubbing the rice flour with your palms: "I wish my baby becomes healthy, smart, and a good, warm-hearted person!" "I wish my parents have healthy and long life!" "To show my love for my lovely husband (or wife) !" Leave a comment and let me know what you wish when you make this! Cooking time: 1.5 hours Ingredients: A 2 pound package of frozen rice flour, sugar ...

Keywords: 무지개떡, mujigaetteok, tteok, maangchi korean food, koreanrecipe, korean recipes, 색떡, rainbow rice cake, mujigae ddeok, Korean rice cake recipe, recipes, cooking, steamed rice cake, colorful rice cake, special occasion rice cake, delicious, fluffy rice cake, tasty, ddeok, Maangchi's cooking, Maangchi's recipes, birthday cake, birthday rice cake recipe, party food, kitchen, health diet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donut Shop Coffee People

Donut Shop Coffee People
The cup breaks open wrong sometimes.